Home > Pediatric Screening and Genetic Services
Pediatric Screening and Genetic Services
“Testing, Tracking, Treating”
We work to improve the health of children and families by:
- Preventing birth defects and developmental disabilities.
- Promoting optimal child development.
- Promoting health and wellness among children and adolescents living with disabilities.
Programs, Projects and Partnerships
Pediatric Screening and Genetics Services, a unit within the Division of Child and Adolescent Health, includes the following programs, projects, and committees.
Virginia Genetics Program
- Virginia Newborn Screening Services
- Formula Distribution and Purchase Plan
- Food & Supplements Reimbursement Plan
- Virginia Congenital Anomalies Reporting and Education System (VaCARES)
- Regional Genetic Centers and Regional Metabolic Treatment Centers
- Contact: Sharon Williams, R.N., M.S. Virginia Genetics Program Manager
Virginia Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Program
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention
- Virginia Hearing Advisory Committee
- Contact: Gayle Jones - Virginia EHDI Program Manager
Special Projects and Committees
Nancy Ford, M.P.H., R.N. Director, Pediatric Screening and Genetic Services
Pediatric Screening and Genetics Services
Contact: Nancy Ford
109 Governor Street,
Richmond, VA 23219
Phone: (804) 864-7691
Fax: (804) 864-7721